Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Getting ready

The weeks are flying by and we are now so close to the November 20th holiday show I am starting to freak out a bit.  Producing a craft show is a lot of work and when you also work full time outside of the home, and have two kids it is even more work.  On top of that I also make my own products to sell at the show so needless to say I am starting to ask myself how the heck I do it all.

Despite the craziness I am so excited about the line up of vendors we have for the show.  After many many weeks of dealing with applications, jurying, making floor plans, buying ads, ordering posters, and lots of online promotion it all comes full circle the day of the show as I walk around and marvel at the mix of talent.  It is very difficult handpicking vendors.  There are years I want to just open it up and have it be first come first serve, but that would not be in the best interest of the event.  I enjoy seeing the hard work come to life as the vendors set up their booths and I get to see my ideas on paper come to life.  

The challenges are worth it.  The enthusiasm of the vendors and the customers keep me going and I look forward to seeing everyone again in a few short weeks.

If you haven't checkout out the Queen City Craft Facebook page head on over and become a fan.  It is an active page and will give you a sneak peek at some of the vendors.  You can also RSVP to the event page so you can be sure not to miss the event on Nov. 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment