Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vendor Spotlight - The Spun Monkey

One of the things I love most about running Queen City Craft is coming across amazing talent that exists in our wonderful state of VT. Every year when I think we have tapped out the talent I am blown away by the amount of people who apply to the show. These talented people exist out there and I feel privileged when I get a chance to meet and work with them. I will be highlighting lots of the vendors you will find in the spring show on June 4th, but I am going to really focus on some of the new vendors to the QCCB.

So here is the first in several posts to come.

The Spun Monkey

website



Shannon Herrick of The Spun Monkey describes herself on her blog as a fiber flinger, tea drinker and obsessive maker. She sounds perfect for the QCCB. What first caught my eye was this lovely nuno felt scarf. If you aren't familiar with nuno felting it is a fairly new technique created by textile artist Polly Stirling and her assistant Sachiko Kotaka in 1994. It is lightweight and flexible and can be used for accessories and other projects.


Besides these lovely nuno scarves Shannon also sells handspun yarn, feltwork and hand dyed fibers.

Visit The Spun Monkey on June 4th at the Queen City Craft Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment