Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Surprise!

I am so excited to announce that for the first time ever there will be LIVE music at the Queen City Craft Bazaar on Saturday May 12th!

I have been toying with the idea for the past year, trying to figure out how to make it work at the show.  I thought about a DJ, but it just never really felt right.  I've been stuck on this vision of having live music, but with a busker like vibe to it.  I wanted to create an atmosphere similar to walking around an outside market shopping while music is playing near by.

But who?

I recently stumbled upon a video on YouTube of two people playing in what they called "the smallest bathroom in Burlington." I knew they would be perfect!  They had just the vibe I was looking for.  I tracked them down and the rest is history.  They will be a great addition to the show.

So, without further ado I introduce to you Vedora!

Vedora is a rock trio from Burlington, VT, whose sound is driven by sultry/raspy vocals, jangly guitar, melodic bass lines and driving drums.  Its founding members, Caroline O'Connor and Matt Hastings have played together since 2009.  Vedora was formed when Jeff LaBossiere joined on drums in early 2012.  Caroline and Matt also perform as an acoustic duo with a focus on gal/guy harmonies, and more traditional based songs.

Vedora will be playing from 11:00-2:00 on Saturday May 12th at the spring Queen City Craft Bazaar located at Union Station, 1 Main Street in Burlington VT.

In the mean time find them online here:

Facebook
Bandcamp
YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment